What's new

Connection issues (1 Viewer)

MarcCh

Agent
I hope someone can help me. I am currently setting up a low end home theater. I am going to purchase a panasonic TH-42PHD7UY plasma TV, I also have a Panasonic SA-XR70S receiver. I am waiting on my Dish Network DVR/HD receiver 942. My question is an installation issue. I see that the TV has the ability to accept HDMI, there is also an HDMI output on the Panasonic receiver, as well as the Dish Network receiver. However, if there is no HDMI input to the panasonic receiver how do I connect it to get the best quaility picture/sound. Am I stuck with using the component conncetions from the DVR/HD receiver.?

Any help or better component suggestions are appreciated. I have not made any purchases yet.

Marc

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
You didn't mention a dvd player and I assume you have one, but here goes. Connect either the dvd player or the Dish box to the tv with the HDMI. Connect the other source (DVD or Dish box) to the tv with component cables. This will allow you to get your video from your two sources to the tv using whichever connection you prefer. You can also connect the source using the component cables with red/white audio cables so that you can have sound from your tv's speakers if you ever want to watch that way.

The Dish box and dvd should also have a digital audio output, either a coaxial or optical connection. The receiver should have a digital input, hopefully at least 2. Connect the dvd and Dish box to the receiver using one (each) of the digital connections.

What you end up with is video from sources to the tv (via component, HDMI) and audio from the sources to the tv (via HDMI, red/white composite audio). You also have audio going to the receiver from the sources via the digital optical or coaxial connections.

Make sure you set the Dish box and dvd player to output bitstream instead of PCM and you will be good to go. You will have the choice of running your audio from your tv's speakers or from your receiver.

MarcCh

Agent
Does any one have any suggestions for a quaility receiver that can handle surround sound and HDTV. Also any suggestions regarding a decent 42" plasma. I am unfamiliar where to look for good unbiased reviews. I can spend areoun 4k on the plasma and no more that 500 on the receiver. Thanks

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks