What's new

connection help (1 Viewer)

jeff cr

Agent
okay here it is. i am new to this ht stuff and i have a slight problem. just bout new speakers ( mains) and have used surrounds. i also bought a brand new sony a/v receiver. the connections i am using are simple. i brought the coax cable from my sattelite dish to the sat. reciver and brought the actual basic cable line to sat. receiver also. i then go from my sat. reciever with a coax. to my vcr and then from vcr to tv with coax. now i use the audio out rca jacks on my tv to the a/v receiver audi in. now my problem is sattelite tv. is great, the sound is perfect, but when i play a vcr tape or basic local cable the sound is very poor.sounds like there is a lot of static and noise. could this be a bad coax. cable? video is graet there is no problem with the picture , just the sound.

thanks for the help.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I'm not sure if it's a bad cable or not but I would try adding another set of RCAs to connect your VCR audio out to your receiver and then use that input while watching the VCR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks