What's new

Connection Help (1 Viewer)

DaveJB

Grip
I just got a Denon 3802 and I'm trying to get the cabling figured out.

TV Sony 32" 1 video input (composite and s-video)

N64 (composite)

VCR (composite)

DVD Panasonic RV31 (optical, composite, s-video, component)

Connect N64, VCR and DVD composite jacks to the receiver. Connect the optical from the DVD into the receiver.

Run Composite from the receiver to the TV.

Run s-video from the receiver to the TV, but leave it unplugged.

If I plug the s-video and composite into the TVs only video input at the same time I get a blank screen.

My thought with this set up would be anyone (my wife and kids) could use any component from the receivers remote. Then when I get home and want to watch a DVD I'll plug in the s-video and be set.

Will this work? Is there a better way?

Vin

Supporting Actor
Dave, you can convert your composite video sources to S-video with these. This would eliminate the need to run composite video from your receiver to your TV....all of your video sources will be carried via S-video from your receiver to the single video input of your TV. I do this with my VCR and it works great.
Hope this helps.

Vin

Supporting Actor
I take it this plugs into the back of my receiver?
Yes, plug the S-video end of the adapters into your receiver, then connect the composite video cables from your VCR and your N64 into the corresponding inputs (adapters) on the receiver. Then just run an S-video cable from your receiver's monitor out to your TV....done!

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks