What's new

Connection Help (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Hill

Auditioning
My sister bought a 32" flat screen Sanyo DS 32424 and a Sony HT-4800DP home theater in a box. I had suggested she get at least S-video on both, but only the TV has S-video. I know some about connecting but help needed. Hooked up will be TV, HT, PS2, and maybe a VCR. Please give easy solution for with & without VCR. The back of TV has Audio Out(LR), Mono(LR),480i Connection, and AV 2 and AV1 with the S-Video jacks above AV's 1-2. The HT has jacks for CD, MD/Tape, DVD, Video 2, Video 1.V-1 has In only and V-2 In/Out. There also is a Monitor Video Out jack and Digital connection for DVD( orange cable included). VCR will be Hi-Fi with standard jacks. The TV menu has a Fixed/Variable selection, so which is better. Thanks in advance for any help. I tried to give all info you might need. Thanks again.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler

Variable means that the audio output from your TV will be affected by its internal audio controls (bass, treble, surround mode, volume, etc.). "Fixed" mode will bypass these controls.

Neither of these settings matter if your audio sources are connected directly to your receiver.

--Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks