Connection help with new reeceiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Joy, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

I have a new DA5ES, JVC HIFI vcr, RCA satellite(S-vid and opt out),Tosh 2800 DVD player, Sony KV35V65 TV, and local programming from attic antenna.

I want to run everything through receiver. I have purchased two composite to s-video adapters from parts express for all to run s-video.

My concern is how to hook up sat, local, and vcr together. I want to record satellite onto vcr(see my hockey games).

Satelitte has ant in as does vcr and tv. I already have sat and dvd with s-vid to receiver and s-video from receiver to imput one one tv.

My Sony has 1 back s-vid, 1 front s-vid, and another set of composite in back.

The way I want to do it, do I need to use vcr to see local and will I get sat on channel 3 also(although i know it will be better on sat source from receiver)?

Please help because it will help me use DA5ES remote as opposed to my Sony AVR 2100 which I am getting tired of.

Oh yes, I will use both optical out on dvd and satellite to receiver.

2. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

bump

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    There are several ways to do this, Dan, depending on your needs. For instance, some people are happy to have their system set up so that they have to turn on the complete system for any viewing. Others prefer to be able to just use the TV only for things like news and children viewing.

Since you don’t give any details on what you want, I’ll mainly concentrate on making it so that the sound system has to be turned on for most viewing.

4. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

Thanks Wayne, I am wanting to always use the receiver to do any viewing. If I use one set of composite to vcr in (from sat, yes I have 2 composite out on sat) how do I hook up vcr to av receiver because I will only have composite (R,L,Audio) out from vcr left.

I did not know that I could only record what I was watching if all through receiver.