Connection Help For A Newbie (1 Viewer)

Brett

Auditioning
i just got all my HT stuff finally...

HK AVR120
27" flat screen TV
Sony DVD
Boston Bookshelf speakers

my question is this, how do i connect the receiver to the tv? this might seem like a stupid question but there is no "TV" input/output on the receiver. my dvd player is connected to the receiver via digital audio and monster cable video. my tv has all the audio/video RCA connections on it (no S video or digital/optical input). so any clue, with what i've given you on where i make the connection for the tv-receiver?
thanks
brett

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You may have to use a vcr input on receiver, from tv for the audio. No need to run a video cable from tv to receiver. Tv is only used for video. No audio going to tv at all.
I never would have thought that they would have built a flat screen tv, with no s-video........... If it's new enough, I'd take it back and get at least a 32". It should have s-video. Would be worth the difference, for better picture and ease of use (switching between the tv and dvd player).
Good luck!

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler

True, unless you have regular cable or are receiving over-the-air signals (i.e., no cable box with an audio out). Then you may actually want to hook up the audio out from the TV to a receiver input, unless you don't mind having your VCR on all the time...

sridhar

Auditioning
Brett,

Connect a RCA cable from the 'monitor out' on the receiver to the 'video in' on the TV.

Sri

John S

Senior HTF Member
Use any 2 channel analog input on your reciever.

The caveat is that the TV and/or VCR, which ever NTSC tuner you choose to use, should be stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks