What's new

Connection difference (Not a cable brand war) (1 Viewer)

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Occasionally the question comes up as to which connection is best: Composite, S-video, or Component. Most of us by experience know it to be component but some may not.
I thought I'd show some results of the differences. After calibrating my TV(Convergence and with VE) I decided to take some pics of different test patterns to show these differences. This Link Removed has image files for 8 patterens. The first in these images may not load (Having problems:angry: )but they are an overview of all three images. The following pics (A,B,& C) are composite, s-vid, and component respectively. NOTE: THESE FILES ARE FAIRLY BIG, most over 700k.
I used a Fugi 2600 digital cam at full resolution(2.0 mp w/ 1600x1200) on a tripod and timer (didnt want any shaking).
I think the results were pretty good and I hope its informative.
Bill
P.S. Equipment listed in HT link

John Royster

Screenwriter
And there you have it.

Awesome post, awesome pics. The composite ones made me shudder. I like the affect component has in the high frequency areas.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
couldn't make em any smaller, lol? good job, even if you are selling cables. you plan on doing other similar tests?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Obviously if you were to make them different colors that wouldn't be an issue :D Just think...the daVinci line of speaker cables would be something from the Sistine Chapel...Monet or is it Manet, would have a pointilistic effect that one could only see standing from a distance, the cutting edge Warhol might have tomato soup cans. You're on to something, I can tell!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Since you've gone to this fine effort, will you also be investigating, via photography, different types of component cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks