Connecting to the BFD 1124p

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rick Radford, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

I just got my BFD 1124p in yesterday. I had to take off the rack mount tabs because it wouldn't fit in my audio rack with them on. Any good ideas for plugs for the holes that were left?

But on to my main question. The greatly helpful webpage that Jon put together shows a mono 1/4" adapter being used.

Page 18 of the BFD manual mentions that if possible, connect the unit to other devices in a balanced configuration. It goes on to show an unbalanced config using a mono 1/4" jack plug and a balanced config using a stereo 1/4" jack plug.

In some of my reading, I've seen that others are also using mono 1/4" adapters. Now I don't understand what balanced vs unbalanced configurations are all about, but am curious if this is one of those little details that matter.

Should I use a stereo or mono adapter to connect out to my sub amp and in from my receiver? The sub signal is mono anyway, so I'm thinking this is a non-issue, but wanted to check with you folks.

Thanks!

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Rick,

You’re going to be amazed at the improvement the BFD will make on your sub!

To answer your questions:

3. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

4. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne

6. Danny Owens

Danny Owens Agent

Rick,

If you are concerned about it, then you may want to go by Home Depot and pick up a piece of aluminum. They sell 2" x 1' lengths. Cutting and trimming is easy. Use the hole pattern in the ears to line up screw holes for the blank plates.

Danny