What's new

Connecting speakers and receiver. (1 Viewer)

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

So I picked it up my Denon 3802 and just the other day I bought a set of cables. I got the AR Master series and I also got a set of RCA cheapo cables. I am thinking about doing a comparison. I hope you can help me out here.

But I am having some troubles connecting the cables. Firstly, do I need doubles of everything, if I want to connect the cables to the receiver? I don't think I quite understand how to make the TV pick up the audio from the receiver (I have the video connected through component). I have a satellite receiver and a DVD player, both connecting directly to the TV through component. So how do I make any and all audio go through the Denon 3802? Right now I only have 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers and a sub.

Also, if you are familiar with the Anthony Gallo speakers, I have speaker cables that come with banana connectors at the end. However I am not able to connect it to the post at the back of the Due's or Micros. If you have seen the posts at the back of these speakers, you will know what I am talking about. So how do I get around this? Do I have to buy speakers that are just wire coming out the ends so that I can bend it around the posts and then tighten it?

Hope you guys can spare a few minutes to help me out here.

Just in case it helps, my TV is the Panasonic 47WX52 and my DVD player is the Panasonic DVD-RP82.

Thanks.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Before the advice starts rolling, study the Monstercable website How-To Hookup diagrams to familiarize yourself overall HERE
I know this was covered on another thread, but what are the AR Master Series cables FOR?
Gallo's manual recommends using the speaker wires they provide; if so, any banana plug wire you bought may have to be returned.

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
I got the AR Master series component cable, subwoofer cable and 10 gauge speaker wire.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Firstly, do I need doubles of everything, if I want to connect the cables to the receiver? I don't think I quite understand how to make the TV pick up the audio from the receiver
Yes...and No.

Let's talk VIDEO:

You have 3 types of connections:

Composite (single cable colored yellow)
SVideo (funny "keyboard" connector)
Component (3 cables - actually 3 identical composite cables)

Your receiver WILL NOT convert one to the other.

I like to standardize on SVideo.

I run SVideo from every device to the receiver. Then a single SVideo cable from the receiver to the TV. This makes things simple to operate. Radio Shack sells a small $20 adaptor that converts the old VCR composite to SVideo.

AUDIO:

No. You do not make the TV pick up the sound from the receiver. You ONLY want the receiver making sound. It is in charge of the sound, not the TV. The TV only displays the video.

Bit of a mind-flip, but do you get it?

Anish

Stunt Coordinator
Yes Bob that makes a lot of sense. For the single video cable to go from the receiver to the TV, is an optical cable the best way to do it?

Anish

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks