What's new

Connecting soundbar, blu-ray and projector (1 Viewer)

Andrew INT

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Richens
Hello All,
Hopefully somebody here will be able to offer be some advice. I am new to all this, and not greatly tecky!

I am trying to connect audio to a soundbar (Bush 2.1) from a blu-ray player and a projector (Epson EH_TW5300). BR and projector are connected via HDMI. The projector speakers will play audio, but they are a naff 5w. I can send sound on from the projector to the soundbar using a 3.5mm aux, but I doubt this is the best way to do things.

I have tried connecting an RCA directly from the blu-ray to the soundbar. However, this only works if the HMDI is not sending an image to the projector. I am obviously doing something wrong! The Blu-ray and speakers also have an optical socket.

The projector also has a red/white RSA socket. When I connected this to the speaker, nothing happened.

If using a 3.5mm aux is okay, I need to buy a cable about 7m long. However, if it audio can be sent from the BR to the speakers, is will only be short.

Many, many thanks for any tips!
Andrew

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Cryptic post, sounds like you’re connecting the blu ray player directly to the projector? You didn’t supply a link for a manual for the soundbar, but from what I can tell this model has limited connectivity. If the blu-ray is indeed connected to the projector, your only options for getting audio to the sound bar are:

* An analog signal from a pair of red/white RCA audio outputs or headphone jack, or
* A digital signal from a coaxial output (orange RCA).

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Andrew INT

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Richens
Thanks Wayne,

Sorry, I hadnt meant to be cryptic! Yes, the bluray is connected directly to the projector.

I will take your option of getting a longer 3.5mm audio cable then.

Many thanks,
Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks