What's new

Connecting sony 400cd changers (1 Viewer)

Ben We

Grip
Alright, so I bought a new cdp-cx455 to go along with my old cdp-cx400. But I have a few questions.

I was under the impression that with the megachanger control, it would be like having one changer that has 800 discs rather than just 400. But it seems like you can only control one changer at a time.

For example, I have a bunch of Beatles cds stored in the old cx400. They are under the artist name of "Beatles." So what I would like to be able to do is to put more Beatles cds in the new changer and be able to select the artist name beatles and have the players play beatles cds out of both changers. But that does not seem to work.

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Ben

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
If you put your Beatles albums in a group file for both changers & than select those files wile playing back & using the cross-fade feature it should work.

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
After connecting the two changers, and activating mega-control, you will have to perform some additional steps.

First, you have to download the disc titles from the second (slave) changer into the master. This should be found in a menu option called something like "download 2nd name?". After that process is complete, you will have to manually (unfortunately) assign an artist name to each of the discs numbered 401 though 800 (i.e. Disc 1 trough 400 of the slave). This is required because the changers can only exchange disc title information, but not any other custom file information (like artist file, or group file, etc.).

Once you have completed this, you are good to go. If you are only just starting to overflow into the 2nd changer, then this should not be as painful as if you had to do it for 400 discs all at once!

Note also that you may not be able to play back MP3 discs properly on the cx455 if it is the slave. This may or may not be an issue for you. If it is, then set up the cx455 as master, and the older cx400 as the slave. Note however, that if you do that, you'll have to enter all the artist names into the new master, in order to (re)assign an artist file to each of the discs.

Ben We

Grip
Thank you so much for the responses. But I am having some trouble understanding.

When assigning the artist name for the 401-800 cds, I can only seem to assign the name under the slave player. Also, the artist select does not seem to work when the megacontrol is on.

Aaron, you say to manually assign the artist name to each disc. For discs 401-800, do I do this from the master or slave player?

Thanks again,
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks