What's new

Connecting Receivers (1 Viewer)

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
I have two Sony ES A/V Receivers. One is 10 years old (Dolby Pro Logic) and the other is a new DA4ES (Dolby Digital EX). I am using Energy's for HT and Magnepans for music and a Mirage sub. Both sets of speakers are currently connected to the 4ES with the Energy's set to A and the Magnepans to B (for stereo music). The Maggies sound good with the bass management of the 4ES but overall I prefer the stereo sound when they are connected to the 10 year old Sony. I am looking for a way to connect the two receivers so I can listen to stereo music through the Maggies from either receiver. Is this possible? I am trying to avoid using an A/B switch and all the associated wires.
Thanks. Rob

Mauricio_BR

Agent
Rob,

You may use the pre-out to the front channels of the new Sony and connect them to a pre-in or one of the inputs of the old one. IN this case you´ll have the new one powering the front and surround channels and the old powering the front channels.

It´s widelly used when you have a receiver and an integrate (as a Rockan Kandy) for example.

Was it clear ?

Mauricio

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
Mauricio, Thank you for responding.

If I understand you correctly, I should keep all speakers connected as they are (to the 4ES), use the pre-out front of the 4ES to connect to a line-in (e.g. CD input) of the old Sony. Note: There is no pre-in on the old Sony, only surround out. Once I do this, how do I set the receivers so I can listen to the Maggies (connected to B of the 4ES) through the old Sony?

Thanks.
Rob

larryf99

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry Feinstein
I also have two Onkyo receivers. What I want to do is connect them together, so that I have my speakers running out of the main receiver; then connect a second receiver so that I can listen to headphones (at the same time). [I am hard of hearing, and when I plug in head phones, it cuts off the speakers, so other people in the room can hear anything; so I am trying to rig two receivers to run the main receiver normally, connect it to a second receiver and use the head phone jack out of the second receiver. Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks