What's new

Connecting powered subwoofer delima (1 Viewer)

Josh45595

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
I have a ht in a box 5.1 receiver that has subwoofer output that is two speaker wires and originally went to a cheap passive sub. I now have a nice powered sub that has an rca line input connection only. How can I connect these two in order to get the bass pumping? splicing wires? adapter? converter? not going to happen? Thanks in advance!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Probably not going to happen. Gotta pick one or the other. Does the HTiB have the RCA sub out connection? If not, just go back to using the passive one that has the speaker wires.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
They make subs with speaker-level inputs, maybe you can return your sub and get one of those. If not, you might try a car stereo speaker to line-level converter.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
I have a ht in a box 5.1 receiver that has subwoofer output that is two speaker wires and originally went to a cheap passive sub. I now have a nice powered sub that has an rca line input connection only. How can I connect these two in order to get the bass pumping? splicing wires? adapter? converter? not going to happen? Thanks in advance!

I would DEFINITELY upgrade your receiver.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The ultimate question is always, "How much do you want to spend?" This is compounded by the fact that your speakers are from an HTiB. They are likely sonically matched, which is always nice, but the next question is, "How much power can they handle?"

Your cheapest solution is probably here: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-JXEaQTMOtSw/g_721/Line-Out-Converters.html

Other than that, look at receivers that will match the power for your speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks