Connecting PC 5.1 Speakers to TV

TsukiyoX

Auditioning
Real Name
Hairo
Hey everyone. I'll keep it simple by providing pictures.
I got a Dell MMS 5650, and it has three wires (Green, "Orange", and Black) to connect to the TV. Except the TV I'm going to get ONLY has a headphone jack. Here is the TV I want:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/emerson-39-lcd-tv/10074050?trail=SRCH%3Aemerson&fromPLP=true&ancestorID=alldept&searchString=emerson&moduleName=S0011&startSearch=yes&fromSearchBox=true&addFacet=SRCH%3Aemerson#product-info-features
No optical ports for either of the devices. I've check all kinds of receiver and they seem to only take "old-school" wires.
Using a 3 way 1 male 3 female splitter, as I understand, will just give me the same sound on all 5 speakers. I ordered one anyway, just for the purpose of having all the speakers giving out sound, rather is true surround or not.
Here are pictures:
So what receiver works for this? Will I need a converter so I can use it on a receiver?
Thanks a lot

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You don't connect self-powered speakers to a receiver.
Return those PC SPEAKERS for a set of speakers intended to work with a receiver...instead of a PC.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Pick one. It isn't working for both...
Although, if your PC has HDMI, buy an AVR(the receiver you are thinking of) and a set of speakers meant for a receiver.
Bottom line. To "make those work" with an AVR requires an AVR with pre-outs.
An AVR with pre-outs will cost 5 times what you spent on those speakers.
Look up the Yamaha RX-V667. Look at the BACK PANEL in pictures. That is what you need. An AVR with pre-outs. Period.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l3randon39