What's new

Connecting one dvd player to two tv's? (1 Viewer)

Raymond

Auditioning
I want to put a 15 inch flat screen in my basement bathroom (which is located about 15 feet from my theatre) that will show the same DVD/TV movie that is playing in my theatre. What adapters, cords, etc. do I need?

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
See if the player's S-video jack is alive at the same time the component jacks are, and if so, use the S-video jack for one of the TV's.

Alternatively see if the main TV has a "video out" jack. Connect this to the second TV. This may require that you use all composite rather than component video connections and if so, scratch this idea.

Using Y connectors will probably degrade the picture severely.

Other alternatives get expensive. I don't know where to buy component video distribution amps.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Matthew-K

Stunt Coordinator
See if the player's S-video jack is alive at the same time the component jacks are, and if so, use the S-video jack for one of the TV's.
If this works, i would use the S-video for the 15" flatscreen in the bathroom, and leave the component for the main t.v.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks