What's new

connecting hdtv to powerd subwoofer (1 Viewer)

swamprat

Auditioning
Real Name
brian
I am new here and spent hours looking, Really glade to see you all here, I have a LG 37LG50 tv 1080 p My sub is a new KEF c4 series sub 200watts Has controls for things like crossover and things ,otherwise not really sure,it does need a rca cable for the sub,, does it work in the back of the tv, thanks brian

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A quick look at the manual shows that you only have digital audio out (not compatible with the sub) and a set of stereo analog out outputs. Unfortunately, the analog outputs are not variable. So no matter what volume the TV was set to, the sub would be playing full blast. Most of us connect our TV's to our A/V receiver along with our sub.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You can't hook a sub directly to the back of a tv. The tv doesn't have a subwoofer output. You need a soundbar that has a subwoofer output (not all of them do) or a home theater receiver (which would require seperate speakers as well). Robert beat me to it again! But I'm getting closer (less than a minute this time). :)

swamprat

Auditioning
Real Name
brian
Thanks for the info, its all coming back to me. I have a better understanding. Ive been the before so your input is exactly what i needed... gonna see how a sound bar works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.