What's new

Connecting for video games (1 Viewer)

Pat Woods

Auditioning
I purchased a very inexpensive KLH DVD 33 HT system to be primarily for the kids video games. KLH HT System has 3 RCA output jacks (audio left, audio right, and video) that connect straight to the TV input jacks. KLH HT system also has one auxillary output that only consists of a pair of left and right audio jacks, BUT NO JACK FOR A VIDEO CONNECTION. TV is older, but has two complete sets inputs for accepting audio left, right, and video plug ins, plus an additional three jacks labeled as output jacks.

The TV seems capable of accepting the inputs, but because the home theatre does not, I cannot obtain the desired result of enhancing video game play.

What options do I have?

Real Name
CJ Chang
Dunno if I read your situation right, but connect the audio L and R to the receiver and the video to the TV. That's my setup for my Gamecube (analog audio to the receiver and RGB cable to the tv).

Pat Woods

Auditioning
When I do this, I do not obtain "surround sound"; in fact, the center speaker and the two rear speakers are silent.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Enable Dolby Pro-Logic. If you are looking for 5.1 sound, you must hook it up using an optical digital cable. And then only games that support 5.1 will have it.

Not all recievers have video switching capabilities

Isaac K

Stunt Coordinator
What system are you hooking up? If it's an X Box or PS2, make sure to use a seperate audio cable (optical I believe) from the system to the receiver. Also note that all games do not support surround sound.

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
If you have more than one game system to hook up, but only one video input for the TV, you can either run all the video cables from the game systems into the reciever, and the one run cable from the receiver to the TV(if your receiver has this capability), or you can buy a simple video switching box that allows you to put multiple video cables into, and then runs one cable to the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks