Connecting equipment...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gunnar, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Gunnar

Gunnar Auditioning

I was just wondering about changing my connection for my TV and VCR. Should I connect the cable to the TV and then connect the TV to the receiver or connect the cable to the VCR and have the video output go to the TV input. Please tell me your opinion on which one should I do. Thanks.

Gunnar

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    What I would do is the following....

Connect the coax cable from the wall to the VCR, then from the VCR to the TV.

Then, take an RCA cable (L&R) and hook to an audio input of your receiver. Then you need a video cable (RCA style) from your VCR to your TV.

It may help to know how many video devices you have and if your TV is suffering from a lack on inputs. If so, then you may consider using your receiver as a video switcher....

If you use your receiver as a video switcher then you would take the video out from the VCR anh hook to a video in on the receiver, then take another cable from the video out of the receiver and hook to the video in on your TV.

3. Gunnar

Gunnar Auditioning

Thanks very much Neil. I just did that, and it made my setup much simpler to use. Thanks.

Gunnar