What's new

Connecting equipment... (1 Viewer)

Gunnar

Auditioning
I was just wondering about changing my connection for my TV and VCR. Should I connect the cable to the TV and then connect the TV to the receiver or connect the cable to the VCR and have the video output go to the TV input. Please tell me your opinion on which one should I do. Thanks.

Gunnar

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What I would do is the following....

Connect the coax cable from the wall to the VCR, then from the VCR to the TV.

Then, take an RCA cable (L&R) and hook to an audio input of your receiver. Then you need a video cable (RCA style) from your VCR to your TV.

It may help to know how many video devices you have and if your TV is suffering from a lack on inputs. If so, then you may consider using your receiver as a video switcher....

If you use your receiver as a video switcher then you would take the video out from the VCR anh hook to a video in on the receiver, then take another cable from the video out of the receiver and hook to the video in on your TV.

Gunnar

Auditioning
Thanks very much Neil. I just did that, and it made my setup much simpler to use. Thanks.

Gunnar

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks