What's new

Connecting an analag VCR to a stereo TV (1 Viewer)

JoshuaML

Grip
If I want to connect an analog vcr to a stereo tv. How would I go about doing this with RCA cables? My VCR has a single audio output (Red cable) and my tv has dual stereo inputs (red and white). The only adapter I can find I cant purchase is located at

h t t p : / / w w w . a m a b i l i d a d e 2 0 0 2 . c o m / a u d i o 2 1 . h t m

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All VCRs are analog, with the exception of DVHS. All you need is a "Y" adapter, and you are all set, however you will not be able to get stereo sound out of this VCR, you will only be getting mono from two speakers.

JoshuaML

Grip
Thats fine, I just want to be able to hook it up properly to my tv, do you know what ends I would need on the cable? wouldnt I need male that splits to two other males (output from vcr to input on tv)? If so, do you have a link to one I could use?

JoshuaML

Grip
but wont that only give me audio out of the left channel of my television? i want audio out of both channels

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Usually hooking a mono source, such as your VCR, to the "white" or "Left" input will give you mono sound out of both speakers on the stereo device, in this case your TV. In any case, your TV's manual should explain this. A "Y" cable would accomplish the same thing, although it may not be necessary.

JoshuaML

Grip
cool, would that be a female ended y cable with 2 male outputs? Just want to be sure. Thanks for your quick responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks