What's new

connecting a second subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
how can i add a second subwoofer to my system besides connecting it through the subs speaker in inputs? is it possible or does your receiver need to have a second sub out? what do i need to make this possible? thanks for your help

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Allan, You need to be a little more specific. Are you trying to run two subs on one amp, or two self powered subs from one line level or sub out from your receiver?

If you are trying to run two self powered subs you can use a Y cable to hook them both up. Or if one amp has an input & output you can go from the sub out off the receiver to the input on the first sub, than go from the output of the same sub to the input of the second sub.

Hope this helps out. If its two subs on one amp your after let me know I could help you out their as well.

RichN

Stunt Coordinator
As Joe says, if your subs are self powered (AC cord plugs into a wall outlet), you can use a "Y" connector out of the "Sub Out" on your receiver (I haven't heard of any receiver having two outputs for a subwoofer, but some may have it). If they need to run through a power amp, then you may have connections for two subs (since I don't have a power amp, I'm not sure).
RichN

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Y cable is an option. Another option is to wire the second sub from the L&R of the receiver, then have your main speakers wire into the sub's L&R connections (in effect, a dedicated sub up front).

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
i currently have a sub woofer connected into the sub out on my receiver and well i would like to add another subwoofer but what other way could i do it if im already using the receivers sub out?
Are you trying to run two subs on one amp, or two self powered subs from one line level or sub out from your receiver?
yes joe im trying to run two self powered subs so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Allan, like I explained in my first post you could use a Y cable or the pre out of the first sub amp. Either one will give the same results. And if your looking for a cheep sub cable use some RG6 coax cable & get some RCA adapters for it. You can find either just about anywhere and its much cheeper than a sub cable, if you ask around here I think this is what most of us use.
Good luck...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks