What's new

Connected SVS - Stained Lvg Rm. Carpet (1 Viewer)

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
OK. I JUST COULDN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!

I had my new/used CS 20-39 and Samson S1000 sitting here, but without a pre/pro. I'm waiting on the Outlaw 950. I foolishly sold the old preamp to fund purchase of the new one. As a result, I had never used the SVS.

I finally decided I had to at least verify that it was working OK. I've been using an old ProLogic receiver as a preamp. No digital but it passes for the time being. But no subwoofer out.

Wait a minute! I can use the subwoofer out on my Panasonic RV80 DVD player.

So, I connected the RV80 directly to the Samson, cranked back on the S1000 volume a bit -- just for safety's sake -- and fired up the opening of Toy Story 2 -- which I understood to be a good demo.

As those low freq sfx played, the entire condo shook VIOLENTLY, along with everything in it. (And, living in Los Angeles, this is a phenomenon with which I have some experience.)

My wife looked at me with terror in her eyes. I immediately invoked the name of the Son of God at the top of my lungs and dove for the volume control.

Saved only by the self-control that comes from nearly 50 years of continence, I barely managed to avoid leaving a stain on the living room carpet that would have outdone the worst alimentary faux pas my cat ever committed.

If Tom and Ron ever tire of the subwoofer business, they could give ExLax a run for its money with the 20-39CS. It sure scared the you-know out of me.

Fifteen minutes later, my wife -- God bless her -- looked at me smiling and said, "When we get our own house and can really play this loud, this is gonna be cool."

I SOOOO love that woman.

And this sub too.

Nate Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Thats awsome she took it so cool :) I'm lovin' my 25-31. Just played around with the placement a _little_ bit and it helped a pretty good amount, never though moving it up about 6 inches would help as much as it has, but it definitly sounds better to me.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
LOL Bob....

I've had about the same response outta my SO and I knew I had a winner when she asked if we could have one of those in the bedroom.....

John_VI

Second Unit
Excellent!! Wonderful!! Stupendous!! I about left a stain on my office chair reading your story!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks