What's new

Conjure One - highly recommended if you like Delerium/Enigma etc (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Fantastic debut album from Rhys Fulber with vocals from Sinead OConnor, Jeff Martin and others. Haunting melodies and some great songs on here...i picked up the limited edition 2cd version that has an extra 4 remixes on the 2nd cd. It's a must buy if you like Delerium, i just hope it gets the same kind of success.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
paul -

can you give me the scoop on delerium? the only song i'm really familiar with is the one with sara mac "silence" (which i absolutely LOVE).

i did see various releases on the shelf for them - including what appeared to be a two-cd best-of (sold individually).

any particular cd's i should look for?

thx!

paul h

Supporting Actor
I'd recommend you pick up Karma, the 2cd version if you can get it, and Poem, which again has a 2cd version. Both are stunning albums that come with some remixes on the 2nd cds.

I've seen them both on EBay recently for decent prices.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Too funny - NP: Conjure One. :D
I give it :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: out of 4 possible. I was excited when I stumbled across the 2disc set at Tower this weekend, and was definitely not disappointed. I've heard a couple of the tracks from this album before - one on the album, one on the remix CD - I have them on compilations, but I never really paid attention to who they were by. Good stuff!
The Sarah McLaclan/Delerium version of Silence that they play most often on the radio, was remixed by DJ Tiesto, also on the same label. His recent album was not bad, and if you like that version of Silence, you will probably like his album. Tiesto does not sound like Delerium though - a little faster, but a bit monotonous at times. There are some good tracks on there.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
john -
i think we have pretty similar tastes in music. i just want you to know that your glowing review (along with paul's) has not helped my wallet any.
i hope you feel bad and ponder this! :)
oh yeah paul - i found karma on ebay and tossed a bid in for the 2-cd set. thx for the tip!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, if I had to choose between Tiesto and Conjure One, I would definitely go with Conjure One!
your wallet? Mine is pretty light after that trip to Tower...:D I walked in to see if they had the new Peter Gabriel on sale, which they did, but I walked out with a bunch of other stuff and NO Peter Gabriel, haha.
Did I mention Delerium's recent 2 disc remix/b-side set - Odessey? Disc one is pretty good, but disc 2 is very good, with an amazing version of Silence, that I haven't seen available on any other disc (maybe vinyl?). The Tiesto version is on there also.
I also picked up BT 10 Years in the Life. Very interesting. Some old school sounding stuff on the first disc, that almost sounds like WHAM! (but not that bad). If you have no BT, this covers it all, stuff from every album. Some are different versions of existing stuff, a few tracks I've never heard before, and some stuff just as it was released previously.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
ohhh...this cd is so nice!
i'm very happy to have this in my collection. i was able to score the last limited edition copy at tower.
for anyone else reading this, as the thread title states (you can also include dead can dance) -- if you are at all a fan of this genre this is an absolute must buy. the music is mostly electronic, but the female vocal leads adds so much. it's nice to hear poe, sinead o'conner, etc do something like this. they add a very ethereal (sp?) feeling to this cd.
while the drum beats are nothing we haven't heard looped a bazillion times, the music still has enough wonderfully textured layers to keep your ears very busy.
the limited edition cd includes 4 additional remixes in a specially packaged 2-cd. i really liked the first two mixes...especially the 'tears from the moon' remix. i was tappin' my feet the whole time. :)
i give this cd a solid "A".
thanks guys for the rec!

As a big fan of this music, I'm going to pick up this album you mentioned. I'd also be curious what others think of the "State of Grace" by Paul Schwatrz CD, personally I really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks