1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats To Mark Waldrep!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Al B. C, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Al B. C

Al B. C Supporting Actor

2. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Al,

Yep. Mark does some of the best surround discs on the planet.

I'm very happy that someone from a small label is getting the recognition he deserves. I can't wait to congratulate him face to face at CES on this tremendous accomplishment, especially when having to go up with some much more recognized, and much better funded labels such as Telarc and Sony Music.

I think Zephyr Voices Unbound might be a more startling (and better) recording, but Nitty Gritty Surround is accessible to a larger audience.

Note: This was an open competition, so both SACD and DVD-A titles were eligible for nomination.

Upon further examination, I see that the best stereo High-Res recording went to Mark Waldrep's other label, High-Res Music, once again side by side with SACD titles we see that a DVD-A/DVD-V title won.

Hmmmm... whatever is someone to make of this?

Regards,

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I am glad that Mark won the award, for it is an excellent disc (I have a copy). He sonics are very good even though he uses too many microphones... [​IMG]
    Super Audio also won some nice awards including two discs I really think highly of: JT by James Taylor and the LA Guitar Quartet.
    [​IMG]

5. Al B. C

Al B. C Supporting Actor

Un-F'n-Believable! You even SACD thread farted a pat on the back to Dr. Waldrep?
    Relentless.