Congrats Tiger!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Drew Bethel, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

You're back...you da man...and you're gonna kick some major buttocks in 2005! Let the games begin! [​IMG]

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

That was quite a final round yesterday. I thought for sure that Mickelson would fold after Tiger eagled that par 5 on the back 9. I give him credit for hanging in there -- the old Phil would have crumbled.

Tiger does look to be back. He hit some amazing shots on Saturday and Sunday. His 3 wood should be declared a lethal weapon.

With Woods, Els, Mickelson and Singh all at the top of their games right now, this could be an incredible year on the PGA Tour.

3. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Being a die-hard Tiger fan, I used to loathe Phil up until he won the Masters. Now, I actually like the guy and have a lot of respect for him.

4. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

It sucked to see Phil lip out that 4 footer on what was it 16? But on the other hand it was amazing to see him almost hole the chip shot on 18. Those are the kind of tourneys I love to see. No run away 10 shot leads. The T.P.C. will be here in 2 weeks. I can't wait. I wish my guy David Duval could get things back together.
    To stop it on the green from 295 yards with no roll is absolutly freaking amazing. Tiger definetly looks like he's back.

5. Scott Merryfield

My jaw hit the floor when Tiger hit that 3 wood pin-high from 295 yards. I do not think anyone else on the planet could have hit that shot.

Same here. I'm not really a "fan" of any one of these guys, but I love to see great golf matches between the game's greatest players. Yesterday certainly qualified.

Damn, I still have at least another month before I can hit the links up here. Weekly trips to the indoor range are only making me more antsy.

6. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

That was one fun final round to watch! Add that to the Ohio State-Illinois and North Caroline-Duke games and you have one hell of a day in sports. [​IMG]

It'll be fun to watch the top players slug it out with each other this year.

I bet Phil is rethinking that inferior equipment comment after the drives Tiger had.

7. John Alvarez

I forgot about that. I wonder how he felt when Tiger drove the par 4?....[​IMG]

8. Scott Merryfield

I'll assume you meant "winter". [​IMG] There are good and bad things about being a golfer in Michigan. The good -- lots of quality public courses in southeastern Michigan, and numerous excellent golf resorts in northern Michigan. The bad -- no golf from November until April. I usually take a February trip to our condo in Myrtle Beach to get a golf fix, but this year we went to Hawaii instead for two weeks (I didn't take my clubs), so I have not played a real round of golf since early November. [​IMG]

9. John Alvarez

On the golf subject...Is anyone watching Big Break 3?