What's new

confusion ??? (1 Viewer)

Michael_Mc

Grip
Today I spent some time auditioning speakers again. Everything I heard (Dynaudio 1.3SE, B&W CDM9NT, B&W DM 604, Paradigm Studio 100s and Studio 40s)sounded great. I know this is quite a price range.

The Dynaudio's were superb. With the exception of the Dynaudio's the B&W DM 604 were the ones I liked the best. The B&W 604's were one of the cheaper speakers. I can't figure out why I liked them better even then the CDM series. I thought the highs were softer and the bass was better.

I'm really confused as I thought the more expensive speakers would appeal to me more, that is of course with the exception of the Dynaudios. They were fantastic but out of my price range. Am I missing something during the audition.

Any thoughts.

Mike

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
There's nothing wrong with preferring the cheaper speakers, all the speakers you mentioned are excellent.

One thing I would recommend is going back and listening to the two you would be most likely to buy. When people listen to many different speakers in the same sitting they often pick out a particular speaker for qualities the other speakers don't have and they may not be the qualities you're looking for. If the 604s still sound better to you, buy them and feel happy that you saved a bunch of money.

Ranga

Stunt Coordinator
You owe it to yourself to listen to the Reynaud Twins MkII if you have a dealer nearby. I listened to all the speakers that you have mentioned but I found the Twins to be the best. They are also very efficient (translates to lower amp/receiver power requirements) and are $800/pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks