Confused... will I blow my shakers

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by SamCK, Dec 25, 2003.

1. SamCK

SamCK Agent

I have a 150 W subwoofer amp, and am considering connecting it to four shakers (two sets in series, connected in parallel). The first set of two are Pro (50W 4 ohms) and the other two are the regulars (25 W 4 ohm). With this configuration, I think the ohms facing the amp will be 4. Is the amp two powerful? Could I add another shaker in series to each set, and therefore make the final ohms 8. Will I notice any difference? I'm getting very confused about power and watts, etc now. Thanks.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

You are fine with the 4 shakers appearing as a 4 ohm speaker. Subwoofer amps expect this.

Just make sure to turn the intensity/volume on the subwoofer amp down low and turn it up until you feel the vibration.

3. SamCK

SamCK Agent

Thanks for your help. Base shakers all hooked up... great thater experience. I have two 50W 4 ohm in serial in the first couch, and three (two 25W 4 ohm and one 50W in serial)in the other couch. These two are connected in parallele giving a little less than 8 ohms. Almost too much vibration though. Thanks again.