What's new

Confused on Xbox cable connection... (1 Viewer)

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all, I have question. I currently have the Xbox Advanced pack... so I can use the SVHS and the optical digital out.

Now, if I went and got the Xbox Monster cables, would I not lose the ability to use the Advanced Pack? Therefore, losing the digital audio?

I don't understand how you get digital audio if don't use the Advanced pack. The Monster cables are just video... correct? At least I don't see an optical out on there!

Tom

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
You can scratch that question... I just found my answer... I see there is an optical out on the Monster Link.
Sorry guys, I didn't research that enough.
Tom
If anyone else ever wondered, all the answers are here:
Link Removed

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Better be careful with the monster cable stuff. Besides the fact that they are waaaay over priced for what they are, at least with the HD pack, you need to buy an adapter (from them of course) to be able to use the Toslink. Stick with the MS cables, 1/4 the price and are just as good.
BTW, that article is a load of CRAP. Saying how brilliant it is that they have to have a dongle (purchased seperatly) in order to use the an optical cable. Only brilliant in regards to ripping off the consumer. $40-50 for an optical cable. You can get an equally high quality cable from www.partsexpress.com for $12.
$14.95 for an ethernet cable they are coming out with. Go get a cat 5 patch cable for $5 and it will do the same thing. What a joke monster cable is. High priced CRAP!
The guys who wrote this article must be getting a nice kickback from them.

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply. I found a ton of information on this site about them, when I searched. I agree, and I wasn't actually going to buy them, my friend was. I was just asking for him. I felt the extra money for thier own optical cable was crazy. I'm keeping what I have, and I've told him to get the same as me, the standard Microsoft pack.

Thanks again.

Oh, yea, I have a crossover cable I use to link them up. I'm an IT guy, so I have lots of Cat5 around the house...

T.

Keir H

Second Unit
Another IT guy here :D Anyway, I just downloaded the review for the Monster Pack. It does seem to be glowing with "buy it" all over...tell me, does it make any difference those of you that are experience with both? I want to hookup my XBox with my 47" panny and preamp..only thing I might be in trouble with cable lenghts...why did they not go with an coax connection is beyond me since you can find those cheaply and in long lenghts....right? :frowning: So I need the HD-pack to get the most outta my XBOX and HT? Any other adaptors?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks