Confused on initial picture settings on new 57H82

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shana, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

Just received my new 57H82 today; thank you very much onecall! I have read over and over how you should set your picture settings to Movie mode and turn down the contrast, etc.

Do you use the movie mode when you are watching Directv through Video 1? I have changed the movie mode preferences but when I later go back in the menu and click on Movie it goes back to the default. The Preferences button has the new figures, but how can you tell if it's in the Movie, Sports or Standard mode???

Will try DVD tomorrow, so want to figure this out first.

Thanks!!!
    Shana

2. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

The minute you make a single change to the settings the cursor will change over to preference. If you were in Movie mode at the time it will keep those settings, even though it's now listed as preference, so you can just leave it there (assuming you saved new preference, which it souds like you did)

Gary

3. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, Gar, but should I be watching Directv in Movie Mode if I'm not watching movies?

Thanks

4. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

I think the only thing movie mode does is switch off SVM, which most consider a bad thing (SVM, not switching it off [​IMG]). That being said, I leave mine in movie mode as I haven't noticed that it harms the picture quality (which is already lacking on DirecTV anyway)

Gary

5. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

How can I tell if I am in Movie mode? It seems almost like Preferences is its own entity. Sorry, I am clueless.

6. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Shana,
    Trust is a beautiful thing [​IMG]. Preference is it's own entity, that can transfer over the settings from the other presets! Just move it over to movie mode, make your preffered adjustments, save 'em, leave it set to preference and trust that it kept the movie settings in tact...even though it says preference[​IMG]

Gary

7. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

Thank you, Gary, you are too kind! [​IMG]