What's new

Confused - Information Overload - Speaker Selection (1 Viewer)

todd<>C

Grip
I have read several threads and web sites speaker selections for a lower budget. I have gone to most of the stores in my area and listened to what they had to offer, but very few had the speakers I am thinking about. As soon as I think I have made a decision, I read something bad about the one I am thinking about. I know that "good sounding" speakers to one person doesnt mean they will to the next. Mainly looking for a theater system, and I do not have a receiver yet either, but I have a pretty good idea on which one I will get. Here they are (in no specific order):

Fluance av-htb
JBL NSP1
Onkyo SKS-HT510
Velodyne SPL523
Polk RM6005

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I would suggest you try to audition speakers and receiver at the same time, if possible. The combination of receiver to speakers will make a difference in the sound, also.

As far as criticism to certain speakers, there will never be a unanimous concensus to which is the best speaker. The best speaker to you is the speaker that sounds the best within your budget. I don't have any experience with the speakers you listed, so I will not offer any opinions on those specific speakers.

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
My suggestion would be buying tickets to any acoustical concert near you (no amplification) and then listen to the same music when you are auditioning the speakers. Choose the ones that, to your ears, emulate better the live performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks