Confused about this online gameplay for PS2. PLEASE help.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adams, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

All this on line gameplay stuff I have been reading about looks great. I really want to play some of you guys on Madden 2003. Also the ability to beable to download current rosters is fabulous! I have had to go into "create a player" for games like Madden and NHL 2002 to get accurate rosters. But that is the generic way to do it. Anyway, what exactly do I need to buy to get going? I only have one phone line where my entertainment center is and I have my Directv plugged in there, do I need another phone line? I just have normal dial up internet right now, do I need to get DSL form Directv? Please help. Thanks.

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Jeff,

First off, you're going to need an Network Adapter for your PS2. The official Sony one supports both broadband (Cable/DSL), and narrowband (dialup). It runs about $40 but is in short supply, presently.

Once you obtain the adapter, all you should need is a phone-line splitter and run one line to your PS2 and the other to DirecTV. Or, alternately you can simply move the current phone line from your reciever to your PS2 when you need to go online. DirecTV doesn't use the phone line constantly.

Another thing to note, not all online capable PS2 games support the narrowband connection. SOCOM being the biggest of the current crop.

Hope that helps a little. If you need more, shout. I or someone else here will be more than happy to help...

Good luck!