Conflict: Desert Storm

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AllanN, Oct 3, 2002.

1. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

Has anybody here heard anything about this game? It looks to be similar to SOCOM but set the the Gulf War. From the official site it looks pretty good. One thing you can do that you could not in SOCOM is switch between your squad members. Any opinions? Please keep any political discussion about the Gulf War or any future war out of this thread.
    http://www.conflict.com/conflictdesertstorm.html

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

Inwardly, I'm excited about this game, but I don't want to let my enthusiasm get out of hand since it could very well turn out to be a huge disappointment.... lately, too many games have been made to look great before release only to blow big ones.

If it's a good playing game, then I'll be all over this one. I love the squad based military games. Just going through the list of available weapons and vehicles took me forever!

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It's been a huge success in the UK, though it should be noted SOCOM isn't out in the UK for a while. I'd suggest a rental at least - friends who played the UK version have enjoyed it.

4. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I downloaded the PC demo and to be blunt, I thought it sucked ... I'm not one for hardcore realism, but I like war games SEMI-realistic, and this is just a straight up arcade shooter kids's style kinda game ... very basic, very stripped down. Check out the PC version first before you waste money renting the console version ...

5. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit