What's new

Confirmed: Oct 20th Greater Toronto Area HT Meet (1 Viewer)

FrankD

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Norm,
So we will all meet at the Downtown Toronto Holiday Inn at around 9:30am to 10:00am at the place where we pick up our tickets? or elsewhere?
Cheers
Frank Dodaro
------------------

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Does anyone think they can have a HTF sign? Because I wont know who to look for, since I haven't seen any of you before. The people from Miles' meet will remember eachother, but everyone else wont.
Anyways, just a suggestion.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
So is everything a go. I can make the meet in T.O but then I have to split. Would really like to meet those who are part of this forum. Let me know.
Kevin

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Let's say, be there by 10A.m. at the ticket booth.
Other people may have discount coupon(see Saturday Star last week in Brack Electronics ad) so we should wait out front.
As for mine ... Andy VX spoke up already.
The same suggestion stands from last time ... bring discs you'like to trade OR sell, and we'll do that once the get to Orangeville.
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds good, we'll meet by 10am somewhere near the tickets selling table. I suppose I can make a HOME THEATER FORUM sign, but in case anyone is late, I'll be wearing my golf hat, it's a big, black, straw hat with golf written on the front. If you see someone with this hat, in a black jacket, it's me.
Yes, if you have DVD's you'd like to sell or trade, bring them along.
Norm

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
A quick update:
I've managed to get enough of the Brack Electronics ads for everyone. I've got 10 of them. So no-one will be paying more than $5 to get in.
Norm

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'll be the only big guy in shorts .... regarless of the weather
smile.gif

Brent L

Craig A

Stunt Coordinator
A forceful blow to the head delivered by my one & only has reminded me that I am attending a wedding this Saturday (not my own). Sadly I will not be able to attend the meet. But, if someone has been waiting for a spot to clear, this is your lucky day!
------------------
"This is never going to end, is it?"
-My girlfriend, her first words upon seeing my new Amp and realizing the full extent of my HT addiction.
[Edited last by Craig A on October 18, 2001 at 03:31 PM]

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
Other than Brent being the only big guy in shorts that I might spot, how will I know who my evening hosts (Wayne & Norm) are? Will you guys be wearing name badges or something or meet at a particular place at the show? Anyway I'll be there at 10 a.m. sharp and start asking around. BTW, I'd like to get in on that coupon deal if there are enough to go around. Thanks guys.
-Mike Sharshukow

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
I will be wearing a wolf t-shirt and Wolf jacket as well. Norm says he will make a HTF sign so we can meet where he is. I've printed off some maps to our houses so that if we get seperated we can all still get there.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I am sorry to say that something has come up and at best I'll be at the show tomorrow but I won't be able to make it to Orangeville. If I don't make it, I hope you all have a great time and thanks to Wayne and Norm for the invitation to their houses.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to thank our hosts for the Orangeville Meet: Wayne & Norm. Two great hosts with two kickass systems. It was also a pleasure to meet the other HTF 'nuts': Frank, Mas, Walter, Rich, Andy, Joel, Brent (hope I didn't miss anyone) You're a great bunch of guys and I had a throughly enjoyable day hanging out with all of you. Until we meet again...
------------------
My Home Theater

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yep guys, it just proves how smart purchases can make a home theatre fantastic.
Wayne; One helluva big projector, cool home, BIG dog :), Sounds good looks good!
Norm; Thanks for the water!! OH yeah the really nice widescreen TV, and JUST an 8 inch sub.
I was really suprised how nice a day it was, I was expecting snow!!
Good people good times good food.
See everybody in 3 weeks.
Brent L
Norm; hope you get that HDTV remote working again.
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to thank everyone for coming down. I hope everyone got home safely and without too much hassle.
Brent: actually the remote started working again before we even left to go to Wayne's house to see Die Hard 2. It's working fine today. I still have no idea why it wouldn't work for a short time.
I was a little disapointed with the Home Entertainment Show. It had far less home theater stuff than the past 2 years. But it was nice seeing the equipment that was there.
I had a good time overall, and am looking forward for the next meet. Ahem... it's not going to be here.. ahem. :)
Later guys...
Norm

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Big thanks go out to the hosts! I'm sure that everyone had a wonderful time...I know I did.
Norm, I was actually really surprised to see that you had that model Toshiba. Reason being, that is the model that I am looking at buying. So I got a first hand demo of what the TV could do at your house. Thanks :)
Wayne, I just wanted to ask you what the name of the singer was on the CD you were using to demo systems at the Home Entertainment Show? (The Italian singer) Also, the name of the album? I really liked that album, (what I heard of it anyways) and I really want to buy it. Thanks :)
See you all next time!
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

FrankD

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Norm and Wayne! You guys did a great job, right down to the map with the landmarks (MacDonalds)!
It was fun and very interesting talking home theater with everyone!
Unfortunately I had to miss the afternoon, but I did go back the next day with a friend who could not make it on the Saturday. We ended up going to just about all the demonstrations. I could not believe the amount of tube amps on display. Maybe they are making a strong come back??
Hope to see most of the guys at the Paradigm meet.
Cheers
Frank Dodaro
------------------

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I was running late, so I didn't get to hook up with anyone. The show itself was a VERY big disappointment for me, I couldn't believe that there wasn't a Runco demo. Home Theater was NOT well represented at the show, and that's a shame. I was looking forward to some kickass demos too. I really wish I had been able to go to Orangeville for a proper demo. Hopefully I'll be able to attend the Paradigm tour.
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanted to thank our hosts, Wayne and Norm for arranging the event and opening up their homes to us, it was a real treat.
Wayne, your custom built theater is awsome! The only complaint is that your seating is a bit too comfortable
biggrin.gif
There's nothing like seeing a Die Hard 2 on a 90" screen (I can't remember the exact size) seated about 12' away.
Norm, too bad we didn't get a chance to watch a movie in HD, but the football game in HD looked amazing! Catching the Holy Grail on your system, I was so caught up in the movie too much at times I missed a couple "access killer bunny" option (before we gave up altogether on the feature). Again very nice set up.
This was my first time to the Inner Ear Show. It favoured the high end 2 channel world. A couple hometheater set-up were present, but definitely not tailored to that end of the market. I did enjoy listening to some exotic systems that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to listen to otherwise.
It was a pleasure meeting everyone again from the last meet and some new faces.
Cheers!
Mass

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks