What's new

CONFIRMED: Alien films coming in 2010 to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Is there absolutely anything(special features) missing from the Blu-Ray that are on the Quad box?

I need an excuse to get rid of my Alien s-dvd set.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Gotta admit, those caps from the blu-ray look more like how I remember the movie looking when I saw it as a 10 year old kid. Of course, memory lies, but...

robbbb1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Robb
My expectations for Aliens are probably way too high now. That's a movie that's never looked spectacular on home video because of the film stock, but these screen caps look great!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

^ If it's that important that EVERYTHING be on the Blu-ray set, I think your best move is to wait and check yourself or read a very detailed fan review that checks.

Don't explode. I asked a simple question. If you don't know the answer then you probably shouldn't have replied to my post. I'm buying the Blu-Ray set regardless.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
^^ Where's the explosion man? Seriously...

Aliens looks great. Like gotta have it now now now great!

...Now!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Zack Gibbs

^^ Where's the explosion man? Seriously...

Yeah, there was no intended explosion on my part. I just capitalized 'everything' to mean that if anyone is worried about every piece of art, behind the scenes photo, text file or easter egg from the Quadrilogy being carried that they should wait before selling off their set until they can check for themselves or until they read a very thorough review of the Blu-ray set.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
One thing I'm noticing about those screen caps is the difference in color. The last one with Ripley waiving at the Queen, what a difference. I'm afraid I can't remember all to well what it looked like in the theater. Any better memories than mine? Is the BR color closer to the theatrical release?

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Just based on the incredible "Aliens" restoration alone, this is now a *must purchase* set for me!

I, too, now really lament the travesty that was "Predator: Ultimate Hunters Edition" as it's now evident that Fox *can* "get it right" when they really want to.

In any event -- now that I've seen these "Aliens" screen caps -- October 26 can't get here fast enough!!

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Bryan^H

Is there absolutely anything(special features) missing from the Blu-Ray that are on the Quad box?

I need an excuse to get rid of my Alien s-dvd set.

I was going to sell mine too but the damn things are selling brand new and extremely cheap in the UK so it's not even worth my time putting them up for sale.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Bolus

Just based on the incredible "Aliens" restoration alone, this is now a *must purchase* set for me!

That, and finally getting to see Charlie's uncut Alien³ documentary are the two big things are driving my purchase of this set, come October.

But still, the entire package is pure, epic win -- can't believe James Cameron managed to deliver a transfer like this, in the wake of the whole Predator debacle. Just goes to show you, leave it to the professionals.

Merrick Gearing

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Merrick
Originally Posted by Joseph Bolus

I, too, now really lament the travesty that was "Predator: Ultimate Hunters Edition" as it's now evident that Fox *can* "get it right" when they really want to.

In any event -- now that I've seen these "Aliens" screen caps -- October 26 can't get here fast enough!!

Fox has gotten it right almost EVERY time. People need to quit talking like Fox has a huge reputation for using DNR. Exceptions are Patton, Longest Day and Predator. 3 films out of a few hundred. Those are very impressive odds.

Warner and Universal on the otherhand, have a less impressive resume when it comes to DNR use.

dlbsyst

Agent
Real Name
Will Brand

Originally Posted by merrick97

Fox has gotten it right almost EVERY time. People need to quit talking like Fox has a huge reputation for using DNR. Exceptions are Patton, Longest Day and Predator. 3 films out of a few hundred. Those are very impressive odds.

Warner and Universal on the otherhand, have a less impressive resume when it comes to DNR use.

Um, I think you mean Paramount and Universal. Warner has been delivering very high quality catalog releases.

Merrick Gearing

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Merrick
Originally Posted by dlbsyst

Um, I think you mean Paramount and Universal. Warner has been delivering very high quality catalog releases.

No, I mean Universal and Warner. As of late, Warner has been very good and pretty much to the point that people dont talk about them much anymore. Paramount has for the most part been good, but they have screwed up many of their important titles.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Are there any significant differences between the North American set and the UK release? The UK set is selling for 38 pounds versus $100 over here. If there the same, I might as well order it from Britain.

Marius W

Agent
Real Name
Marius Willms
We got a few early copies delivered at work on Monday, so I have had the Scandinavian edition since then.

Really nice looking set. It looks different than the US edition. The face hugger on the front of the box is much better looking in real life. It stands out about 1/3 of an inch from the rest of the box.

I haven't had the time to watch any of the movies in full yet, but I have taken a brief look at Alien and some of the extras. I hope to find the time for a closer look during the week end.

Since my set up is far from high end (PS3, 720P projector, no loss less sound), it wouldn't be fair to you or the set for me to comment on the picture and sound quality. I will leave the full review to the professionals.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm so envious. Can't wait for the Egg to arrive.

Perhaps there should be a disclaimer: "For professional reviewer only. Do not attempt at home."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks