What's new

Confirmed; $199 Xbox. (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Morgan, you are paying a lot of lip service to the XBox.
But it is not the console from you.
Don't buy it.
Save us the complaining we will all here later on. I am not dissing you, the console simply does not fit your interests.
I predict, that if you buy an XBox, we will see many, many threads stating 'well, now I own an XBox and all the games except Halo suck.'
We all deserve better than that, and so do you.
ps I think Halo sucks, but I like my XBox games. ;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
some people over at TEAMXBOX.COM are reporting that they are already getting the XBOX for $199 in Rochester, NY. Take this as a grain of salt though.

ChrisV

Second Unit
From Dean Cooper in the "Sony makes the first move" thread:
Well I just got back from Future shop here. Both the Xbox and the PS2 are marked down to $299 Canadian. Looks like MS gave the word today too. It's cool to see all three at the same price point.
Nice! I hope the same is true at the Future Shop here, can't see why not. :D Find out tomorrow I guess. Damn website only has the PS2 price updated, though. :frowning:

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Rumours are all over saying MS has upped their price-drop date to tomorrow. I think it's a highly likely, and very smart, move by MS.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I saw the news on the CNN web site this morning.
article
Now I have to decide if I should get a PS2 to replace the one that was stolen, an Xbox, or both? I already have 8 games for the PS2, so I am leaning toward the PS2...

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Now I have to decide if I should get a PS2 to replace the one that was stolen, an Xbox, or both? I already have 8 games for the PS2, so I am leaning toward the PS2...
Well, since you already have 8 PS2 games, I would recommend both if you can afford it...

Especially if you have an HDTV and/or a DD 5.1 system. You will love the X-Box, and you can enjoy the PS2 games you already have.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I suggest that all early supporters of XBOX make a call to 1-800-4MY-XBOX. We helped this awesome system with a successful launch. And I'm sure that none of us would deny some kind of a hand-out, be it a game, mag. script, free online, accessory, etc.
For those that are opposed to an XBOX appreciation package, I will never understand why you would not want something free from a multibillion-dollar company. You all are just too generous with your money.
I bought the PSX on launch day for $340 @ Funcoland 'cuz I traded in the 3DO. No price break on that for 1 - 1 1/2 yrs. No price break on the PS2 for 1 1/2 yrs.
Price break for XBOX: less than 6 months? Didn't see it coming
:frowning:
Make the call, get the word out. Bill Gates won't miss a few bucks.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
For those that are opposed to an XBOX appreciation package, I will never understand why you would not want something free from a multibillion-dollar company. You all are just too generous with your money.
Better than being generous with someone else's. :)

James D S

Screenwriter
I picked up another Box at Toys R Us this morning (11:30) at the new $199 price point. The price drop just went into effect this morning, the stickers on the shelves still reflected the old - but the employees were printing new price tags while I was there.

Now is the time to get the Box for all the "fence-sitters." And I mean right now.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Argh! This sucks! I was thinking about getting a system later this summer (post thesis defense), and it was a no brainer: GameCube. I like Nintendo games, and they were $100 cheaper than XBOX and PS2. Now, with XBOX at $199 and the rave reviews of Halo, I'll actually have to put some thought into it! :angry:
:)
This is quite good news. Maybe it'll drop to $150 by this summer when I'm ready to buy ;)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I just went out and picked up an Xbox and a copy of Spider-Man. This was the first game I've purchased since 1996 and the first console since the Genesis. I've obviously been out of the loop for a significantly long time, but I'm looking forward to dipping my toes into the gaming waters once again.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I believe this will get my off the fence. Look out gaming world, I'm Back! I came really close to buying it about three weeks ago but I could not justify the price. Now I can get an extra paddle and two games for about what it used to be. I for one do not mind supporting Bill Gates, as in if I could adopt him :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks