What's new

Confirm JVC xv-s65gd,62sl,60bk same? (1 Viewer)

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking at these models, is there any way to prove they are exactly the same except for color? I really dont think gold would do, but I could live with silver I guess. Does anyone know for sure? I would hate to get an older or less equipt model going with the lower model numbers... Any ideas :

M

MaxY

I don't know about the silver one as I have not seen it but the Gold and the Black ones are identical except for the color.
This seems to be true of the 60blk/65gld the 70blk/75gld and the 90blk/95gld.
Where did you see the silver ones advertised?
BTW why would you get the 60/65 when you can get the 70/75 for like $25 more and have DVD-A and MP 3 playback.
I have been looking at their prices at http://www.ecost.com
Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the 62sl mentioned in another thread, haven't tried to find it myself. I actually didnt know the higher model was only $25 more, but I wouldn't use mp3 i bet, and am not really interested in dvd-a yet either. I have over 300 cd's, and only listen to them in the car. Thats only till I decide which satellite radio to get, then I wont listen to either much. I love my old school rap, but I cant keep up with the newer people... All my money goes on movies now :)))

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I have the 62SL. I got it from Sears on Sunday. It does the scaling, side letterboxing, and progressive scanning that it's gold and black brothers do. It's just...silver.
They are all the same price too. Sears had it down to $224.99 so it was almost at an online price.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

ErikP

Grip
They're all exactly the same internally. Only difference is the color. Sears is the only distributor of the 62sl I believe. Just picked up a s65gd at ubid for $194 with shipping. No complaints so far but I've only had it 3 days. I don't think the 70 models are out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks