configure linksys G router with gamespy arcade

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Andrew_A_Paul, Sep 17, 2004.

1. I recently got a linksys 54G wireless router and downloaded the gamespy arcade and tunnel service to specifically play Halo.

I went through the game spy setup for user registration with the free version (add supported). So now when i start the program it asks me to register again, and if i cancel that and try the drop down menu my user name is not listed. I have this issue before i had the router. Does anyone know why this is? I appreciate any input, thanks.

2. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

umm cause gamespy sucks! [​IMG] make sure that the ports for gamespy are open, whatever they are. Try The All Seeing Eye its the best game server browser around, and very inexpensive if you wanna buy a license for it.

3. I should have the ports open and it should be fine. But this is an issue with gamespy itself, i can't even login. I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue with it asking you to register a user name everytime you start the program.

4. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

uninstall it and reinstall it!

5. already tried that

6. Its working now. When you run through the wizard it doesnt do anything. Its spose to open a window in IE to register but i run firefox and thats set to the default so thats probably why it was opening.