What's new

Conection help please PLEASE (1 Viewer)

Michael_C

Auditioning
Could someone point to the a thread that goes over all the connections and cables to use. I have Digital catv/ with a Motorola HDTV box,HT system.

I want to use my monitor as a switcher and would like to have the option of using my external speakers for the digital catv, but also switch back to just the monitors internal speakers when viewing the news etc.

I really need a step by stepper on the best way to hook all this stuff up. I saw a thread a few days ago but neglected to save it.

Anyway needless to say I promissed the little misses I would have this mess figured out before she returns..eek

My thoughts are so far:

Sub:Upgrade the factory cable to the sub to a 75 ohm...should take care of the sub.

DVD:Run component to TV, and audio coaxial to the reciever.does that take care of DVD or am I missing something.

Reciever:this is were I stumble, i don't have a audio digital out ie coaxial, just one in so whats going to be the best way to bring the audio to the reciever from the catv? Should I just use component from the catv to reciever .

Thanks for any help
Mike

Larry_S

Agent
Michael,

I posted this a few weeks ago, and a few people said it is correct. I hope it helps you out.

DirecTV or DishNet Box
Pioneer 530HD RPTV
HKAVR-325 Receiver
Pioneer D563A DVD Player
Fluance AT-HTB 5 Speaker
Xbox

Component Connections:
1)HDTV Box Component OUT to RPTV Component IN
2)DVD Player Component OUT to AVR325 Component IN
(For SACD will need 3 more pair RCA cables)
3)Xbox Component OUT to AVR325 Component in
4)AVR325 Component OUT to RPTV Component IN

Digital Connections:
1)DVD Digital Coax audio OUT to AVR325 Digital Coax IN

Optical Connections:
1)HDTV Optical OUT to AVR325 Optical IN
2)Xbox Optical OUT to AVR325 Optical IN

Michael_C

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply, I finally figured it out and your post confirms it for me. I was making the hook way to complicated. This system sounds great and I have watched the same two senes from the Matrix now about 100 times, tweaking it bit here and there.

This has been a lot of fun so far and those of you just starting out and on a budget, don't be afraid of settling for one of the better HTIB. I wanted to do all separates and had them all picked out but the misses said I better be able sleep with it too If I spent that much on it. Anyway I have the Onkyo HT-S767C and while I know the system has some limitations it does deliver a lot of nice features and performance for the price. And don't forget all the incidentals you'l need to buy no matter what system you end up with.Things like: this list reflects my cost
Upgraded speaker wire, $90.00
hi end component wire $60.00
hi end optical wire $50.00
Hi end banana clips $50.00
Universal remote $109.00
Component rack $100.00
Surge protector $100.00
I'm still not done but with the new Hitachi 65"....I'm at $5000.00
Anyways thanks to this forum I have a lot of useful info and can enjoy what I have for years to come...so thanks
Mike

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
"Upgraded speaker wire, $90.00
hi end optical wire $50.00
Hi end banana clips $50.00"

I think that's quite steep for wire for an htib. HAve you purchased these things already, if not I'd advise you not to spend your $$ on these things, and rather put it in an SPL meter, Avia or VE, and more CDs/DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks