1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Condo Home Theatre

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Doug Smith, Dec 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Doug Smith

Doug Smith Second Unit

My wife and I have downsized from a 5000 square foot house (kids now gone) where I had a very nice home theatre. I put it together myself in the living room but it did the trick. We are now in a 1150 square foot high rise condo. Incredible view but obviously downsized dramatically. Is it now soundbar time fro me or can I connect up my speakers and subwoofer to new receiver I like, add a couple of Atmos speakers and get back in business? The condo is concrete. Any suggestions from someone in a similar situation would help. Thanks in advance.

2. xx Brian xx

xx Brian xx Agent

Brian
    When we first moved to a new state we rented an apt for a year until we knew the area better and bought a house. While renting I did not want to give up my sound system and big speakers.

What I did was buy a bunch of Auralex Subdudes. I used these under all my towers, subs and stands to isolate them from the floor. This way we did not have any base transfer into the floor that would upset the lower neighbors. In the year we stayed there, we never had a noise complaint.

Brian

3. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    It is difficult to get an idea of what would work without knowing the floor plan, including the number of walls, the height of the ceiling (and if they are vaulted or not), etc.