What's new

condensation problem in my wrist watch (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I own a titanium Wegner watch that I really like but ever since the battery was changed I keep getting condensation building up under the crystal. I've taken it into Sear's watch repair center and apparently the seal is in good condition and they say they've dried it out but after a few days the condensation is back. I thought about having the back taken off and have them use a hair drier to make sure its dry before putting the back on again but I don't know how that will work since it'll likely create a negative pressure once the air cools which may make it worse...or maybe it'll give me a tighter seal? Any suggestions?

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Take it to a real watch repair shop and have it pressure tested.

Also, don't wear in the jacuzzi or sauna. The steam can still enter even if the seals are intact.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
It does sound like the seal is not intact, or it could be that water is entering through the crown (the little thing you pull out to adjust the hands). Make sure it is pushed all the way in.

I was having the same problem with my watch with the condensation. I didn't think much of it, but eventually my watch stopped. I found out that the movement had been rusting and had gotten to the point where it would no longer move.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks