What's new

Concert For George widespread DVD defect? (1 Viewer)

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
As a holiday present, I received the "Concert For George" DVD. On the first copy, the following occured on disc 2:

Right after the Monty Python performance (I forget which chapter), there was a great deal of pixelation.

During chapter 12 (Isn't It A Pity), the picture got pixelated, froze up, and moved on to chapter 13.

I exchanged the DVD, but the replacement did the exact same thing. I went to exchange this one, and I got a reply from Amazon saying that they would only go ahead with sending another replacement if I said so because "the problem was more widespread then they had thought".

I checked all over the net, and all I have been reading is how great the disc is! Has anyone else had these problems? Should I roll the dice and try again (maybe from a different e-tailer)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Derek

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Disc 2 plays perfectly for me; I got my copy from DVD Empire. I haven't heard of any of these problems until I saw your post--perhaps Amazon just got a bad batch?

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
There was no problem with those areas of Disc 2 on my set. I just checked each one - the disc plays fine in my Pioneer DVL-909, the oldest (and most finnicky) DVD player in the house.

My set was a promo copy - so it could be among the earliest batches.

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks