Concert For George widespread DVD defect?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Derek U, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Derek U

Derek U Stunt Coordinator

As a holiday present, I received the "Concert For George" DVD. On the first copy, the following occured on disc 2:

Right after the Monty Python performance (I forget which chapter), there was a great deal of pixelation.

During chapter 12 (Isn't It A Pity), the picture got pixelated, froze up, and moved on to chapter 13.

I exchanged the DVD, but the replacement did the exact same thing. I went to exchange this one, and I got a reply from Amazon saying that they would only go ahead with sending another replacement if I said so because "the problem was more widespread then they had thought".

I checked all over the net, and all I have been reading is how great the disc is! Has anyone else had these problems? Should I roll the dice and try again (maybe from a different e-tailer)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Derek

2. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

Disc 2 plays perfectly for me; I got my copy from DVD Empire. I haven't heard of any of these problems until I saw your post--perhaps Amazon just got a bad batch?

3. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    There was no problem with those areas of Disc 2 on my set. I just checked each one - the disc plays fine in my Pioneer DVL-909, the oldest (and most finnicky) DVD player in the house.

My set was a promo copy - so it could be among the earliest batches.

Harry

4. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

No problems here...