Concert for George/John Lennon Legend

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Mike Koch, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Mike Koch

Mike Koch Extra

Haven't seen these discussed here. They both have killer dts soundtracks. Run, don't walk to your friendly neighborhood dvd store and enjoy. Now, how about the Compleat Beatles and Imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I picked up Concert for George as a Xmas gift, so I can't check it out until then. I have heard it's excellent. Not a big Lennon fan though...

3. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

The Compleat Beatles is pretty obsolete now IMO, after ANTHOLOGY.

LENNON LEGEND is a sad affair to me, since John died without making that many "official" promo films for his songs. Yoko tried to make "new videos" by utilizing private footage and while it's always nice to see his rare home movies, after awhile it borders on repetition. My favorite of these would be MIND GAMES, where we now have footage of Lennon in New York's Central Park, signing autographs and camping it up.

4. Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell Second Unit

5. Mike Koch

Mike Koch Extra

You got it right Steve. My point was that both of these dts soundtracks are outstanding! After watching the Concert for George I almost felt like I had been sitting in the audience. Very powerful and emotional performances especially by Clapton & Brown. This was a first class tribute to George by his friends.