Concert DVD's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Butch C, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Butch C

Butch C Second Unit

What do people do when watching concert DVD's? Dance around, sit there and watch, pretend your at the concert? I cant figure this out...im not trying to be a wise ass...its just that I couldnt sit through Pink Floyd concert tapes back when I used to get high . Whats the attraction?

ADMINS: Please add question marks after the thread title.

2. james st. james

james st. james Auditioning

i dont really watch them...i just listen to them. typically, i will listen to the dave matthews listener supported dvd or the u2 elevation tour whilst doing something else. the u2 disc has some behind the scenes stuff that is ok to watch but for the most part i got them because i like live music and the 5.1 sound kicks ass.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Bands play songs differently live. It's great to see the performers, and where their fingers are so you can play along [​IMG] 5.1 concerts are awesome too. You just have to be careful whose concert videos you buy. If the group doesn't have a good stage presence, it falls flat.

4. Dan V

Dan V Stunt Coordinator

How do some people listen to music? Do they just sit on the couch and stare at the wall? Personally, when I listen to a cd I'm usually doing something else like working around the house, on the computer, or driving. I think concert dvd's are a great alternative to a movie when your in the mood for something else. The sound phenomenal, and dvd really brings out the visuals if they are done right.