What's new

Concerned about Blockbuster LATE FEES? (1 Viewer)

P

Pieter_L

i saw many posts of folks swearing they return videos to BB on time, but still get dinged for late charges.
do what i do: i ALWAYS hand in the video at the counter, AND ASK FOR A RECEIPT. this shows the name of the video, plus final due amount ($0.00).
never had a problem since i started doing this.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Or if by some weird reason you aquired a lot of fees at one store, just don't go back to that one. Choose another one. The fees are store specific.
Other times when I was told I had a late fee and I know it wasn't I debated it. They took it off.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Or, you can do what I do, or DID, in the past, just say fuck em, and don't pay! I HATE BB, and the thought that i'm causing them distress in ANY FORM, pleases me more than words can say!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Or, you can do what I do, or DID, in the past, just say fuck em, and don't pay! I HATE BB, and the thought that i'm causing them distress in ANY FORM, pleases me more than words can say!

[Wattovoice]How can you do this???[/Wattovoice] They took my credit card number when I got a card last night (I had to finally give in, it was late on Halloween night and I didn't want to go to any other places) so I assume they can instantly charge for late fees.
-Tom

Aaron Croft

Stunt Coordinator
Just a word of Warning....
Blockbuster sent me to collections for a $13.00 late fee.
Ridiculous.
Aaron Croft

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Check out Blockbuster's website for information on an ongoing class action lawsuit in regards to late fees. It covers a pretty broad scope in terms of time and customers. 'It' being the settlement.
I think a lot of people could benefit.
------------------
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yep. Aaron's right. I've been sent a few over late fees of just a couple of dollars. My own fault, though. I was the one who turned them in late and didn't go back for a while.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Once I found out that they demand (and get!) scenes taken out of movies; I said Hasta La Vista Mother K*******
I can buy brand bew WS AC3 LDs for $4...why on earth would I want to rent from those 'bookburners'
Netflixes does my newly released DVDS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks