Conan The Destroyer R1 DVD Audio?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul Arnette, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

Hi all.

I did a little digging with the search utility, but I didn't come up with anything that answered my question. So, here goes:

Has anyone noticed the following audio problem with their Conan The Destroyer R1 DVD?

I was watching this movie for the first time in a long while, and it is a better than I remembered, but throughout the DVD there was a 'buzzing', almost like the buzzing of insects.

This noise was 'underneath' the dialogue, etc., and my speakers didn't exhibit the noise except when not playing the disc, so I believe I've ruled out a hardware issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    --
    Paul Arnette

2. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    I don;t reember any buzzing noise.. but I know that its only mono.. the region 2 germany & region 4 australia has 5.1 soundtrack.

JACOB

3. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

It is amazing how difficult it is sometimes to describe something you hear with words. [​IMG]

Anyway, the noise is pretty faint. And it is definitely 'underneath' the dialogue, music, etc. I first noticed it in the scene where they were out on the plains. I thought it was supposed to be the sound of insects (mosquitos or whatnot).

Very odd.