What's new

Conan the Destroyer - not a really good sequel, BUT the saving grace.... (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but it is related to the movie :)

After watching this movie you come to the conclusion of "uhhhhh what did I just watch compared to the glorious conan the barbarian movie" HOWEVER, the soundtrack *although not as good as the 1st movie* has one track on there that is just phonomenal. The track is called "crystal palace". You have to listen to this whole track by itself as it is an amazing piece of work. It has a very fantasy / western driven feel to it. One of the best pieces of soundtrack work I have heard.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I urge you to listen to this track alone through it's entirety without the movie.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I would not bother to ever rent or buy this godawful, committee-of-Hollywood suits-driven piece of crap to do what you suggest. It's not worth it.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I suppose you can download an mp3 of this track from somewhere, Robert. :)

I hope my post caps the thread fart. ;)

Alvin.G.

Stunt Coordinator
You know, I haven't seen Conan 1 or Conan 2 since I was a kid, even though it shows repeated on latenite/weekend TV. I think I might just go add these to my Netflix queue. My favorite part (that I can remember) is

when Conan is being chased by wolves after he's is set free, falls into the tomb, says "Krum", picks up his father's sword, knocks off the cobwebs, breaks his chains and whups some canine ass!

Ah, memories...:D

acg

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Alving

That wasn't his father's sword. His father's sword was taken by Thulsa Doom and used by his lieutenant Rexor, until Conan slew him and reclaimed it. The sword from the tomb belonged to the dead guy (In the tomb). The dead guy is supposed to be an Atlantean, or other giant race (It's corpse is taller than Conan sitting down), and the giant's one-armed sword has to be wielded by Conan with both arms (cause it's so big).

Excellant fantasy movie IMHO, one of my "Top 5" movies of all time.

Fun Fact!

Carefully observe the ending sequence, Just before it cuts to the stationary "epilogue" shot before the credits. The burning of Thulsa Doom's palace is a music & visual homage/knock-off to the warehouse in Citizen Kane.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I would not bother to ever rent or buy this godawful, committee-of-Hollywood suits-driven piece of crap to do what you suggest. It's not worth it.
I think it's a fun movie. Sure it's not great but I like the characters and there's some good humor along the way. The music IS very good but if you don't treat the whole affair as a Saturday B-movie then you won't like it.

I think the saving grace of this film is Grace herself. She's a riot and one of the first in the "kick-ass women" roles we see frequently today.

"I take him!"

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Ohh how I love Conan the Barbarian. The entire movie is fantastic.

I agree with you that the Crystal Palace track is fantastic, but the music in Barbarian is utterly fantastic overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks