What's new

Conan the barbarian - sound issue (1 Viewer)

rick bie

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched the newest (extended version) release of Conan the barbarian on DVD and it is supposedly Dolby surround sound and I believe Dts. My receiver(Denon1803) usually will set up to the audio format the movie is in automatically. For the whole movie it stayed in Stereo (not 6 channel) and it did not even show Dolby for a option if I attempted to over ride to another format. If I set it to PLII it seemed that all the sound was center speaker. Has anyone else had this happen with this disc?

Rick

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
If the R1 "Collector's Edition" of this fantastic movie had a 5.1 option or even just a true stereo option I'd watch this movie a lot more than I normally do. The purists might cringe at this but the mono crap turns me off to watching the movie and hearing that wonderful score in mono should be a crime.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
there is a 5.1 soundtrack for conan the barbarian for region 4.. I have it. Its very nice.

JACOB

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I thought the reason they didnt add a 5.1 track to this release was that the original elements were in such poor shape that they couldnt properly restore it.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Nothing wrong with hearing a film as it was originally released. I would like to see the mono track cleaned up a bit. It's not bad, but could use some sweetening. Multichannel remixes aren't always preferable. I've heard some really bad 5.1 mixes of mono and stereo films. I've also heard some great ones. CONAN has the potential to be cool. It all depends on whether or not they could find enough of the original sound stems to do a proper remix. I'm not against a remix as long as the original is avaiable.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I was wondering if any Conan fans had a chance to check out KULL (1998 Universal release with Kevin Sarbo as R.E. Howard's other famous sword slinger).

DVD is suppose to be fantastic as far as audio/video, but script/directing are not so great.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the region 2 and 4 of conan the destroyer has both 5.1 and enhanced for widescreen. I have both.

JACOB

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
not to change the subject. I am working to get an uncut version of conan the destroyer released. a special edition with cut footage. e-mail at universalstudios&[email protected]
I have a site on actress sarah douglas from conan the destroyer. alot of her scenes were cut for a PG rating including a love scene with arnold. www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglas
PS: anyone seen this picture. I am looking for a larger version of this picture.. thanks.
http://www.schwarzenegger.it/loca15.jpg
JACOB

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have been working to get an SE of conan the destroyer released on dvd. hopefully be enhanced for widescreen and have 5.1 sound. if you write the e-mail. the more people write.. the better chance something will happen. look at scarface and other titles from universal.

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks