What's new

Conan the Barbarian R4.... (1 Viewer)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Hey gang quick question.Is this version edited at all? I have the chance to pick it up and want to know if anything has been cut out of the R4 version.Im looking forward to getting one of my favs finally in 5.1 as I hear it is excellent :) Thanks for your help in advance!
Luis S

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
If you can, try to get the R4 box set. This includes both Barbarian and Destroyer in one set, but is less than $3 more than buying Barbarian on its own. Destroyer isn't a great film, but hey, it's only $3 more!

Adam

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
Luis, you can't go wrong with the 5.1 on CONAN THE BARBARIAN -- it's a great remix! I have the R2 from Japan and I assume all the other regions sound as good. Well worth it!

CONAN THE DESTROYER's Sp. Edition outside the US has two commentary tracks and a couple of nice bonus features. It's 5.1 as well but seems to be a "stereo enhancement" rather than a remix -- still it's better than the R1 release. Worth it as well!

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the tips guys!:emoji_thumbsup: Unfortunately Im only getting Conan the Barbarian ( Ill pick up destroyer later...) Could you guys tell me if any of these had a good release anywhere? Timecop, Dragon:the Bruce Lee story,or Twins.Ill check around but if any of you have an opinion on these Id like to hear them.Thanks again gang!
Luis S

Will*M

Grip
Luis:
Not sure about Dragon, but the R4 Australian Timecop is in anamorphic widescreen with a Dolby 5.1 soundtrack, and the Australian dollar is approximately half the US. and there are plenty of good distributors to use. I usually use www.ezdvd.com.au they're pretty speedy and the customer service is really good as well.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in Melbourne, Australia (region 4) - i'm pretty certain Dragon has a good collector's edition out here, while i think Timecop and Twins are at least anamorphic widescreen. A good place to check for region 4 reviews is at www.michaeldvd.com.au

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for replying guys.Sorry it took me so long to reply myself.Moved into a house(YEA!!!!) And got a DSL connection.But Ill definately check those sites!

Thanks Again,

Luis S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks