Conan the Barbarian R4....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luis S, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Hey gang quick question.Is this version edited at all? I have the chance to pick it up and want to know if anything has been cut out of the R4 version.Im looking forward to getting one of my favs finally in 5.1 as I hear it is excellent [​IMG] Thanks for your help in advance!
    Luis S

2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

3. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    If you can, try to get the R4 box set. This includes both Barbarian and Destroyer in one set, but is less than $3 more than buying Barbarian on its own. Destroyer isn't a great film, but hey, it's only $3 more!

Adam

4. Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson Supporting Actor

Luis, you can't go wrong with the 5.1 on CONAN THE BARBARIAN -- it's a great remix! I have the R2 from Japan and I assume all the other regions sound as good. Well worth it!

CONAN THE DESTROYER's Sp. Edition outside the US has two commentary tracks and a couple of nice bonus features. It's 5.1 as well but seems to be a "stereo enhancement" rather than a remix -- still it's better than the R1 release. Worth it as well!

5. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Thanks for the tips guys![​IMG] Unfortunately Im only getting Conan the Barbarian ( Ill pick up destroyer later...) Could you guys tell me if any of these had a good release anywhere? Timecop, Dragon:the Bruce Lee story,or Twins.Ill check around but if any of you have an opinion on these Id like to hear them.Thanks again gang!
    Luis S

6. Will*M

Will*M Extra

Luis:
    Not sure about Dragon, but the R4 Australian Timecop is in anamorphic widescreen with a Dolby 5.1 soundtrack, and the Australian dollar is approximately half the US. and there are plenty of good distributors to use. I usually use www.ezdvd.com.au they're pretty speedy and the customer service is really good as well.

7. Tim Ke

Tim Ke Stunt Coordinator

I'm in Melbourne, Australia (region 4) - i'm pretty certain Dragon has a good collector's edition out here, while i think Timecop and Twins are at least anamorphic widescreen. A good place to check for region 4 reviews is at www.michaeldvd.com.au

8. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug

9. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Thanks for replying guys.Sorry it took me so long to reply myself.Moved into a house(YEA!!!!) And got a DSL connection.But Ill definately check those sites!

Thanks Again,

Luis S