What's new

Conan The Adventurer live action sept 21st Who else is excited? (1 Viewer)

geod

Auditioning
This was posted on tv shows on dvd. I am so happy this is coming out. Hopefully the episode order will be corrected as
Heir Apparent although fimed 4th is actually the series finale and should be seen last. Great show!

UPDATE:

Just a follow up and correction on episode order:
On disc 1 Heir Apparent IS NOT THE FINALE as I stated (Heir Apparent which originally aired last as #22 was filmed fourth).
Heir Apparent should be watched as the last episode on disc 1 (watch as the 5th episode on disc 1)
for continuity reasons. Lethal Wizards IS the SERIES FINALE. Explanation below IN NEW POST:
Conan - Ralf Moeller series comes to DVD
Posted by David Lambert
7/18/2004

The late-90's series Conan The Adventurer (often just called Conan) arrives on DVD this Sept. 21st from Image Entertainment. It stars Ralf Moeller, who has been seen in smaller roles from a number of films, such as Cyborg, Universal Soldier, Batman & Robin, The Scorpian King, and this year's Max & Grace. He's probably best known for his role alongside Russell Crowe in Gladiator.

This action-packed fantasy takes place twelve thousand years ago, an undreamed-of age before recorded history filled with fantastic kingdoms across an uncharted world. An age of superstition and myth populated by mystical wizards and menacing creatures, this Hyborian Age spawned a true hero, Conan. With the aid of ragtag warriors Otli, Bayu and Zzeban, he quests to free his homeland from the rule of an all-powerful sorcerer and deals with beautiful, fiery bandit queen Karella.

This special box set of the entire series provides dazzling, sword-swinging entertainment for the entire family. Episodes: The Heart of the Elephant (Parts 1 & 2); Lair of the Beast-Man; Heir Apparent; The Siege of Ahl Sohn-Bar; A Friend in Need; The Ruby Fruit Forest; The Three Virgins; Labyrinth; Ransom; Amazon Woman; Shadows of Death; Homecoming; Imposter; The Curse of Afka; The Taming; The Crystal Arrow; The Child; Lethal Wizards; Red Sonja; The Cavern; Antidote.

Screen Format: Full Frame
Audio Format: English Stereo
Length: 957 minutes
MSRP: $ 49.99
Release Date: 9/21/2004

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Great! Never seen the show, but I'll definitively pick it it this box set! I like Conan and the majoruty of Heroic-Fantasy Stories, I can't wait for finaly see that! :emoji_thumbsup:

geod

Auditioning
Update on Conan Dvd:
First a quick review, Picture quality is fine colorful and clear
with some minor compression occasionally (5 episodes per 1 sided discs,
last disc has 2 episodes) Sound is clear and crisp. Episodes are uncut
as memory serves.

Just a follow up and correction on episode order:
On disc 1 Heir Apparent IS NOT THE FINALE as I stated (Heir Apparent which originally aired last as #22 was filmed fourth).
Heir Apparent should be watched as the last episode on disc 1 (watch as the 5th episode on disc 1)
for continuity reasons. Lethal Wizards IS the SERIES FINALE. Explanation below:

When the show ran originally, one of the actors appears to have
left the show after the third episode (Lair of the Beastmen)
and a new actor takes over a new role on the fourth episode
(The Siege of Ahl Sohn-Bar) 17 episodes later the series finale
airs (Lethal Wizards which has a definite and satisfying ending
to the series). Then Heir Apparent aired and because this was really filmed fourth with the original actor
before a new actor had been introduced into the series a new voice over was made explaining
why the new guy was gone and why the old guy was back. Confusing right?
To rectify this simply watch Heir Apparent after The Siege of Ahl Sohn-Bar and everything fits perfectly.
Hopefully this helps anyone watching the show.
Kindly forgive typos.
Geor

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
What Patrick said! I love the Conan mythos, and I am wondering, since I never got to see this, can any of you tell me if these are adaptations of Robert E. Howard's stories, or is it "based on" the character created by REH?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks