Conan Double Pack

Discussion in 'DVD' started by RogerH, Jun 26, 2005.

1. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I was thinking of picking this up but I don't know if it worth it. Is the audio and video atleast of decent quality?

2. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    conan the barbarian is enhanced for widescreen, destroyer is not.. however there is a region 2/4 of both films that has DD 5.1 that is not on the region 1.
    there is aslo a DTS track for barbarian for region 2/4.

SOme edition of conan in region 2 for the UK are edit for violences. check out germany or region 4 for an uncut version ofit.

JACOB

3. Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie Supporting Actor

I am still in the learning process about picture quality and whatnot, so feel free to take what I have to say about the thing with a grain of salt, Roger.

I picked it up for a decent price, though I was less than thrilled to find that it was one disk with Barbarian on one side and Destroyer on the other; and it is very difficult to tell which side was which on visual inspection. At least, I have yet to decipher anything in that teeny little writing around the spindle hole.

There is a short "making of" doc about Barbarian, but little about Destroyer.

I bought the disks because I enjoyed the movies, which is what mattered to me at the time.

4. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I haven't bought the 2-pack but I have seen it on shelves, at a great price I might add. The Conan set was part of Universal's 'Franchise Collection'. I own both the 'Smokey & The Bandit' and 'American Graffiti' collections. Both of which I'm extremely pleased with. I wanted to get the 'Problem Child Tantrum Pack' until I learned it was FS only.

Anyway, for the price they sell these "Franchise Collections", you can't really go wrong.

5. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

If you are a fan of the films, they are worth picking up.

I didn't have any problems with the transfer, and they are relatively inexpensive, so, no real reason NOT to pick them up.

6. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I did like the movies but I haven't seen them in years so thats why I'm a bit leary.

7. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    It's pretty much the same as picking them up separately, only they're on one disc and it saves you some shelf space.