Con

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by David Galindo, Apr 6, 2005.

1. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I only saw a few minutes of it. Watching the commercials, I kept thinking "how are they going to trick people into thinking this guy is homeless with all the cameras around?"

Then when he explained that they were going to tell the mark that they were filming a reality show about giving free makeovers to homeless people, I decided that it was too dumb to watch. "Hey, let's film a reality show and tell people we're filming a *different* reality show!" Yawn. "And while we're at it, let's trick people into thinking they're doing something charitable when really we're just taking advantage by not paying them the usual fee!" Classy!

No thanks. This show belongs on MTV at best (even they probably had too much class to pick it up).

3. David Galindo

Aaron, that was only part of the Con. He then conned himself a limo, clothes, homeless people and a free Mcdonalds drink. It wont always be a reality show, thats for sure.

This episode was a pretty easy con, here's hoping for more complex ones...or the show will get old fast.

4. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I liked it for what it was. Was anyone actually able to read the disclaimers? They said some scenes were reshot - so I am trying to figure out how much was staged.

ry/

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Well, I gave it a shot this week and sat through the whole thing. 30 minutes of an obnoxious prick defrauding people. Ugh. Of course, the disclaimer mentions that some people were "reimbursed" for products and/ or services, so who knows if the "cons" are even for real. If they are, then the guy should be arrested, and if not, then what's the point of the show?

Ripping off the pizza place was especially irritating (my wife used to own a small restaurant -- NOT an easy business, even without "customers" trying to rip you off). Especially the fact that he didn't tip the delivery guy (even if they did tip the guy, not showing it just made it look bad).

The disclaimer also said something like "Remember, "Con" is just the first part of "CONSEQUENCES!" Was that some sort of "don't try this at home" comment?

I'm done with this show.

6. David Nguyen

David Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

I got a quick glimpse at the disclaimer at the end of the episode in which 3 women are conned into cleaning an apartment. It basically says that some scenes were re-enacted, and some people have been paid for their services(after the fact, I assume.)

7. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

Saw the first one where he pretended to be homeless, and I felt sorta bad for all those people who thought that moment between him and his "long-lost" friend from Alaska was real, though I did think it was delicously evil at the same time, though who knows what was real and not real with those disclaimers going by too fast to read. I don't really have anything morally against this show(it being pretty damn close to illegal), but I don't think it's all that funny.

8. David Galindo

Well, I did see the second one and it wasnt all that great.

I think I felt more energetic because the main guy of Con actually submitted a tape to CC and his show took off.

However, the fact that some parts are reenacted totally ruins it for me. [​IMG]